Monday, October 13, 2014

Working in the Lord's Vineyard



We got 6 1/2 hours of service this week.  We actually worked in a vineyard for an hour and a half.  I thought it interesting that we were working in an investigator's vineyard while also being servants in the Lord's vineyard!  We look for every opportunity to serve and love to do so!


General Conference was great.  The Holy Ghost witnessed again to me of the Savior's earthly ministry and Atonement.  I learned to humble myself more.  I also liked the comment from Tad R. Callister about praying every day about the decision of who to marry and that I don't make the wrong choice.  I have started to do that every day now. :) To read/view Elder Tad R. Callister's talk go to: www.lds.org/Parents: The Prime Gospel Teachers of Their Children

Elder Peterson is training me well.  I have been trying to jump into lessons more often and when declaring.

We did see a miracle this past Tuesday/Wednesday.  We were biking around and didn't really know where to go.  We were in an apartment complex and saw a guy who we had seen come to church in street clothes and who we had seen another time earlier that week.  We walked over to him to ask if he was a member.  He was, and he takes part of his lunch break from Walmart to come to sacrament meeting!  He has a girlfriend/fiancé who came out while we were talking to him who told us she wants to be baptized!  She asked what is the main difference between our church and other religions.  We told her that we believe in living prophets today, that President Thomas S. Monson is like a modern-day Moses and receives revelation from God to govern God's work on the earth.  We gave her a Book of Mormon and set up an appointment for this Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment