Monday, October 27, 2014

Testimony and Service

 I have been studying the plan of salvation this past week. I have a bit of a talent in art, and so I am creating a three section visual for where we came from, why we are here, and where we go after we die. I have really liked the study and have gained a testimony of the inspired nature of Preach My Gospel.

Service: We got in 8 hours of service this week. I think we would have done more, but a lady who we had planned service for got sick, so she wasn't up for the project that day. I love service and I love to serve Elder Peterson. It helps the relationship strengthen and invites the spirit.  We try to get 10 hours of service each week.  We go to the food bank and put orders in plastic bags.  Sometimes we get to take some food home!  We have worked at a winery, and at members' homes doing yard work, moving people, sanding walls, and planting.  I love service!


We got 6 1/2  hours of service last week.  We actually worked in a vineyard for an hour and a half.  I thought it interesting that we were working in an investigator's vineyard while also being servants in the Lord's vineyard!  We look for every opportunity to serve and love to do so!

If anyone ever needs help with yard work, moving, doing stuff around your home, get in touch with the missionaries.  They are always looking for opportunities to serve.  They love to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment