Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Prayer of Faith

This week has been amazing.  President Felix has put an emphasis on being led by the spirit as we find and teach.  Our zone goal to accomplish this is by using the prayer of faith.  So, at the beginning of this week, I studied the prayer of faith from Preach My Gospel and read from the Book of Mormon.  Elder DuPlessis also studied the prayer of faith.  One morning, when we said prayer as a group, Elder DuPlessis prayed that we would find a new investigator that day, and we all meant it.  That morning we walked a lady's dog for a bit longer than ususal (one of the many acts of service they do).  We had plans to go to Leisure Village (a retirement community) and visit a referral from the bishop.  We gave a member a phone call who knew this potential investigator.  She said that the referral wasn't interested in the church.  We decided that our plans for Leisure Village would be unproductive.

At that moment I felt a stupor of thought.  Nothing was coming to any of us.  Elder DuPlessis got out a paper cover Book of Mormon and did the "Book of Mormon Baseball" with me.  We ended up at Alma 23:3.  It spoke of going forth to preach the word.  Interesting.  Well, I didn't want to leave the apartment without a plan, such as names of people to see.  We said a prayer, then came up with some names of people.  I didn't feel anything from the spirit.  Finally, we left the apartment.  We didn't even make it to our car before we ran into Kathrine.  She is a lady who just moved in from Boston.  (She has the accent to prove it).  She was a Latin teacher and she knows Greek.  Kathrine learned these languages so that she could read the Bible in it's original Greek.  She had lots of questions and we answered them.  We introduced the Book of Mormon and her first question was how many times it was translated.  Only once! by the power of God!  She was definitely prepared!  Why else would God cause a stupor of thought and plans falling through for us to find her!  Who knows what other events had to happen on her end to have us "pair" up.  Kathrine is retired and she happens to live in our apartment complex.  She did mention how beautiful/gorgeous my eyes were/are about 3 times, so I'm not sure what to think :) haha.  Hopefully, she just saw Christ in my countenance.

I love my new companions!  We all have totally different personalities, but it works really well.  Those two, Elder Agle and Elder DuPlessis, love to tease me.  They are both really funny.  They like to work and I believe that our combined faith and diligence has brought about the miracles that we've seen.  Actually, "brought about" is probably not the correct way to say it.  We are shown miracles after, not because of our faith. 2 Nephi 25:23, Ether 12:6,18

I am doing well.  Don't worry about me.  I'm in God's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment