Monday, November 10, 2014

Doing Good!

Thank you for all the wonderful packages lately.  My cupboards are almost full and my candy drawer is overflowing!  The Morris family sent a really fun package.  It was  a "greenie" package.  It was taped up in green paper and everything inside it was green.  I loved it!  I love all mail of any kind!

There are two English speaking wards in Paso and one Spanish Branch.  A "ward" is a geographical area and all the members of the church in that area go to church at the same time.  A "branch" is the same only smaller than a ward.  Elder Peterson and I cover the 2nd Ward and Elder Newmyer and Elder Parkinson (who was in the same zone at the MTC with me) cover the 1st Ward.  We don't go on splits with anyone.   Splits are when the missionaries split up and take a member of the ward with them to appointments.  That way they can cover two appointments that might happen to be at the same time.  We don't have enough appointments to invite members to go with us.  We do a lot of finding.  We do have a lesson planned with a family for Thurs at 4:30pm. There was a youth that asked for 2 Books of Mormon for some friends who had talked to him about the church and wanted to read it.  Nothing has happened there yet.

Right now I am in the process of creating a Restoration puzzle that shows the elements of Christ's church with multiple scriptures to back it up from the New Testament.  Then on the back of the "pieces" are scriptures of these elements in the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants showing these things exist in the restored church.  My vision with this is to go to member's homes and share this with them.  It should strengthen their faith in the restoration, give them confidence in the missionaries, and get them excited to share the gospel.  We'll see.

I had an interview with President Felix.  It went well.  He just wanted to know how we are doing.  We had our interviews when we saw Meet the Mormons movie.

Elder Peterson and I have given sooooo many blessings in the last 2 weeks.  Seven to be exact.  That is one every other day!  Five of them were for healing!  Also, I counted six different times when we moved someone this transfer.  It's all good stuff.  I need a break from trying doors and walking the streets.

Nothing much new, but by the time you get this letter, I will be with my follow-up trainer.  I was just getting to know Elder Peterson :(  This transfer will be good though because I am the one who knows the area the best.  I can take the lead more confidently.  I'll let you know more about Elder Walker soon.

Let me know what's rockin' in Buffalo.  I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment