Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Hyrum's Help

Last week the missionaries were looking for opportunities for service.  So I asked if they would like to come out to my house and rake leaves and help with my landscaping.  All 4 of them (we have two sets of elders in our area) came out and did a wonderful job.  I also planned on feeding them some lunch in appreciation for their help.

You may not know, but I get very stressed when I have people over to my house for a meal.  It is very difficult for me to do that and not an easy task.  It's probably because I feel my house is never tidy enough for company and I worry about having enough food.  So, as I was frantically making a treat before the missionaries arrived that morning, I splattered brown sugar all over the counter as I was trying to get it out of the package.  It was a big mess and I wanted to cry.  Then I heard Hyrum say in my mind, "It's okay, Mom".  I almost looked around to see if he was there.  I know it was the Holy Ghost comforting me in my time of need.  I smiled and knew my Heavenly Father loved me and that everything was going to be okay.  Spilled sugar isn't the end of the world :)

I am so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who knows each of us personally and who cares about the things we care about.  Jesus Christ is our Savior and He has not left us comfortless.  The Holy Ghost is there to lead us to truth, answer our prayers, comfort our hearts, protect us and help us to return to live with God.  My experience that day was a tender mercy of the Lord.

Psalms 145:9 "The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works."

No comments:

Post a Comment