Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Obedience, Missionary Lingo and City Nicknames

From an email this week:  Our investigators have not been coming to church, but with the MLC (Missionary Leadership Council) report on that subject, we are making a change in our approach and are confident that we will be getting investigators to church!  We have had to postpone the dates for their baptisms due to work schedule and illness, but we are getting there.  Elder Walker and I continue to be persistent and are not giving up on anyone!  By the way, I loved Thursday when I got to serve with the Paso 1st Elders while Elder Walker was at the MLC.  We did a lot of service that day at a farm that made me feel right at home building fence.

Elder Walker and I are getting along.  We plan our days very well.  We do our best to be exactly obedient.  We get up at 6:15am and are exercising at 6:30.  We do our  best to make appointments last no longer than an hour, but sometimes that is hard with members and people who have a lot to say.  I admire Elder Walker's ability to recite scripture and say good things when we talk to people.  We do a good job of balancing each other out when speaking to people on the street and in lessons.

Something that strengthened my testimony of obedience to the laws of the land this week was when I was on exchanges with Elder Jackson in SLO (San Louis Obisbo).  We thought about crossing the street to get to where we needed to go, but it was not at a crosswalk.  I told Elder Jackson, almost grudgingly, that we needed to follow the laws of the land and use the stoplight because there will be someone that we need to see and we wouldn't run into them if we crossed right then.  About ten steps later, we saw a man who we had tried to contact earlier (Jonathan) who is making some big changes in his life and could really use the missionaries.  That was a testimony to me of receiving blessings because of obedience to the laws of the land.

We got 5 hours of service in our area this week.

On a P-Day the district went to a Catholic Mission.  One of Elder Parkinson's and Elder Newmyer's investigators took us on a tour and answered questions about the mission and the Catholic beliefs.

Here is a picture of a sandwich I made for lunch.  It was ginormous!
I am getting fed about 5 times a week now and that is just the right balance.  Sometimes it's nice to just be free and make my own dinner.  My cupboards are still pretty full.  It's fantastic.  I have been managing my money and I have a lot on my LDS card.  I am making a list for Christmas and birthday.  Is that bad?  haha

We have a lot of missionary lingo and city nicknames: A-town = Atascadero, AG = Arroyo Grande, Santa Babylon = Santa Barbara, TO = Thousand Oaks.  Kind of funny huh?



Here is a picture of the sunset on our way back from Oxnard (the Nard haha) last week.




This picture is when I was in the tripan (triple companion) with Elders Parkinson and Elkington.  Elder Parkinson and I are on the teeter-totter.




No comments:

Post a Comment