Saturday, September 6, 2014

My Last Supper :)

Today is the day before I become a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! I call this my last supper because tonight is the last night that I will eat dinner before I am set apart as a missionary.

How am I feeling? The answer is: Everything. Sad, happy, excited, nervous, scared, courageous, prepared, calm. I am so eager to share the gospel and go on this new adventure, but sad to leave home and the life that I have had for the last 18 years.  However, I am not so sad that I don't want to go.  I have known I was going to go on a mission for as long as I can remember, and nothing will stop me from serving. Before I left, I thought I should write my testimony of the restored gospel.

I have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith was/is a prophet of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I love it! I know that anyone who sincerely wants to find out if the Book of Mormon is true and reads it, then asks God in prayer if it is true, he or she will also know of its truth. I know that Heavenly Father knows us personally and loves us and is mindful of where we are and our concerns.  I know He answers prayers that are made in faith and righteousness. I know of the blessings of daily prayer and scripture study. I know that Christ's Atonement is real and that it covers much more than just sin, but it is enabling.  I know that blessings come from being obedient to the commandments including the Word of Wisdom, Law of Chastity, Tithing, Fast offering, and keeping the Sabbath day holy. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet today and I sustain him as a prophet, seer, and revelator. This, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is Christ's restored church and it was restored by the power of God through the uneducated, young man: Joseph Smith.  I will testify of these things on my mission as I am a representative of Jesus Christ.  I love the commandments. I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I will serve them with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. This church is true.


No comments:

Post a Comment