Monday, February 2, 2015

Trevor and Ryan and Mission Stats

Here are a few more details about the boys, Ryan and Trevor, that Hyrum mentioned last week. 

Saturday was fantastic!  An 18 year-old in the ward, named Trevor, asked us on a Sunday if he could go with us!  We said, "Of course," and then set up a lesson with Ryan and took Trevor with us.  Trevor is Chinese-ish (if that is even a word) and really smart and can play 15 instruments!  He has grown up in the church and he wants to go on a mission.  We took him to Ryan's and they really hit it off.  Ryan asked if he could get baptized in 3 1/2 weeks!  The spirit was there at the lesson.  Trevor really enjoyed coming with us.  I think he wants to do it again with us.  I have always wanted a member who wanted to go with the missionaries as much as I did back home.  I know why the elders loved me so much :)

Things here in Santa Maria are good.   I wish I could write everything, but you will be happy to know that you are way more up-to-date than my journal.  I just don't have any time for me to do my stuff (write in a journal, draw, write poems, study for hours . . .)  We are just working and thinking all the time.  I assured Hyrum that I keep all his letters so he can have them when he gets home.  I also told him that I think we can get the blog printed into a book when his mission is over, so that will also be a journal/record of his mission.

I love you all and you are in my prayers multiple times each day.  Keep up the good work.

You reap what you sow.  
This I know. 
Let your faith grow.  
It may be slow.  
Ready, set, Go!

He is still a poet.

According to the California Ventura Mission blog, they now have 105 English-speaking Elders, 30 Spanish-speaking Elders, 37 English-speaking Sisters, 32 Spanish-speaking Sisters.  They have 204 young missionaries and 4 senior couple missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment