Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Shout Out to My Teachers

So, a guy named Zach Powell just moved back to the ward. He just got back from a mission from Gillette, WY! He said he knew President Breinholt.  Small world.

Also, I want to give a shout out to my teachers on the blog. They prepared me for many of the experiences that I have had on the mission.  All that homework, makes the paperwork and planning that I have to do as a missionary seem like a breeze.  The diligent study habits I learned while in school have served me well as I study the words of prophets daily. The speaking skills and leadership opportunities that I was given through school activities prepared me to lead, love, and serve the missionaries in my zone. And lastly, the introspection, one-on-one conversations, and quality time strengthened my mental and emotional self and that has made a big difference.
 
We will be picking up two new investigators this week! We knocked on a girl's door Sunday morning about half an hour before church. She, Courtney, was so happy to see us and she met us out in front of her apartment complex about fifteen minutes later to walk to church with us.  Our Relief Society President got her number and will be inviting her to FHE tonight! Another young man, Phillip, just lost his mother. Much of his family are members, but he is not. He came to church yesterday and we have a lesson with him tonight before FHE! Cuesta College is in, and CalPoly starts on the 22nd of September. The work is beginning to pick up and I don't think it will slow down for some time.
 
In my studies lately the Spirit has brought to my remembrance the doctrines of our earth life. Let me explain. I have regained a testimony of the Atonement and the things we need to do to access that Atonement, namely: Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. I relearned today that this day is a day of repentance. We are on this earth for the purpose of repenting and making covenants that prepare us for Eternal Life. By "we" I mean myself and every other person on this planet. God has sent missionaries and scriptures to call all to repentance. We "call men to repentance" by helping them receive the restored gospel!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment