Saturday, July 18, 2015

New Investigator

Elder Ruby's letter from last week:

On Tuesday we met with Mark.  Mark is a really interesting kid.  He just graduated from high school.  He's gone to church before in Paso Robles with his member friend, Richard, who brought him to church two Sunday's ago.  Mark lives in Los Osos (close by) and Richard drove 35 minutes to the lesson from Paso!  Mark is 6'5" (I know because Elder Willis asked him), blonde, very professional looking, wears rad socks, plays tennis, loves math and is super smart.  Mark had already read the Book of Mormon (it took him 6 weeks) and he wanted to take the discussions!  He was there to learn.  We started with teaching about the Restoration.  We went into depth.  We drew diagrams on the chalkboard at the church, we asked him a lot of questions, we testified often and we really hit the apostasy hard.  Mark was just a sponge.  He would soak up what we said, and then answer our questions better than we could!  We asked him if he would be baptized if he found the Book of Mormon to be true.  He said yes!  Boy, I felt so good during and after the lesson!  I couldn't stop smiling (hard to believe, I know).  I was so grateful that God gave us the words to say in that lesson.  Thoughts just flowed, and my memory was good.

Wednesday, we had an exchange.  I, again, went into a Spanish Elder's area, so I got to learn some more Spanish.  Here is goes:  Yo se que El Libro de Mormon es verdadero.  Este conocimiento me ayuda a vivir feliz.  Yo se que Jesu Christo es el Salvador y el redemtor.  Este creencia me ayuda a tener esperanza.

I am so blessed to be a missionary now, here in California.  I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth and to the people.  Joseph Smith was a prophet.  The Book of Mormon is evidence that God loves us.  Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, and God knows and speaks to all people.  I know we came to earth to become like our Heavenly Father.  We do this by making choices.

When people ask me how I am doing, tell them I am loving the experience, the weather and the people, but what I love most of all is watching how seeking and learning truth and then acting on it changes hearts and minds for the better (and ultimately perfection) including, and especially, my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment